Montreal is the second-largest city in Canada and the largest city in the province of Quebec. The common language which is spoken here is French.
We have made a recommendation what you should see when you are visiting this amazing city:
* During wintertime there will be the festival: Montréal en lumière, this festival has three main categories of activities: food and wine, performing arts, and free activities both indoor and outdoor.
* Parc Jean-Drapeau, this is a park which is known as its green spaces and its outdoor concert venues is very nice to go when you want a day of relaxing. The Montreal Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit (The Gilles Villeneuve) and the Montreal Casino are located near this park.
* The city of old Montréal consists of a lot of historical buildings and museums, most dating from the 17th and 19th century. At night several of the buildings are beautifully covered with light shows.
* If you want to eat at a nice restaurant of you are a shop fanatic you must see the area: ‘Le Plateau’, this area covered with a lot of nice restaurants and shops.
* The strange building of the Olympic stadium will be a few blocks to the north with the subway. Also here you will find the Insectarium; Jardin Botanique and Biodôme.